Week 100 | Section 112-113a
Podcast: Coming Soon
Section 112 | From Jerusalem to Perea
40 He went away again beyond the Jordan1 into the place where John was baptizing at first, and he stayed there. 41 Many came to him. They said, “John indeed did no sign,2 but everything that John said3 about this man is true.” 42 Many believed in him there.
Section 113a | Question about Salvation and Entering the Kingdom
22 He went on his way through cities and villages, teaching, and traveling on to Jerusalem. 23 One4 said to him, “Lord, are they few who are saved?”5 He said to them,6 24 “Strive7 to enter in by the narrow door,8 for many, I tell you, will seek to enter in and will not be able.9 25 When once the master of the house has risen up,10 and has shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ then he will answer and tell you, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 He will say, ‘I tell you, I don’t know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity.11 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,12 and all the prophets in God’s Kingdom, and yourselves being thrown outside. 29 They13 will come from the east, west, north, and south, and will sit down in God’s Kingdom. 30 Behold, there are some who are last who will be first, and there are some who are first who will be last.”14
- Locate the regions on Harmony’s map.
- Will you be among the saved? Why?
- Does God accept everyone who tries to do his best or everyone who believes that Jesus gave himself for the betterment and salvation of the world?
- How is it that some are first and others last?
- Will there be a time that its too late to be saved?
- How can our “striving” influence the affect and effect of our salvation?
Learning Objectives: salvation, grace, devotion, evangelism.